Monday, August 27, 2007

Roadtrip to Florida part I (I can't finish cos i'm going to disney theme park now, hahaha!)

Day 1 (8/17/2007 Friday):

We wanted to leave Provo at 8am, but we left at 9am instead because we were out late at Denny's the night before with the rest of the Singaporeans - so called our last gathering, but I didn't really feel so. Anyway, we drove for about 8 hours and arrived in Denver, CO. We were happy to see trees, which is hard to find in a desert like Utah. Surprisingly, it was raining in Denver and we had to bring our umbrella out, but we saw a very prominent rainbow. It's so beautiful! See pic below! I could say I like Denver so much more than SLC because it's green, beautiful, has nice buildings and more bigger shopping areas and restaurants. We visited the 16th street mall and I thought it was a nice place. We had dinner at Chili's and I would rate it 5.5 out of 10. The servings is huge and my corn on the cob was cold! Dang it!

















Day 2 (8/18/2007 Saturday):
We left at 7:30am to Kansas City, Missouri. We drove through the state Kansas, which is between Colorado and Missouri. Rachel Tan called me while I was driving and I told her this place is super boring. There's only fields and fields. Ash told me it's only fields and tornados, haha! I don't understand how can people live in this kind of place! It was a nice drive though because the road was not mountainous. We arrived Kansas City, MO in the evening, central time and we drove through downtown. We visited the Crown Center and the Union Station. It's the city for hallmark too! We were so surprised to see so many ah pek and ah ma at the Crown Center and the food are so cheap. I guess it's a city for them lah, haha! I didn't want to eat there cos it's their territory even though the food's cheap. And the shops all closed early too! In the end, we bought our dinner at Wendy's and went back to the motel to eat, haha!















Day 3 (8/19/2007 Sunday):
We left at 7:30am again to our 3rd destination this time - Chattanooga, Tennesse. We knew it would be a long drive this day - about 10 hours plus. Along the way, we stopped at St. Louis, MO downtown for lunch at TGIF. I had the strawberry chicken salad and it was awesome! TFIG is so much better than Chili's. Then we continued our drive and arrived in Nashville, TN at about 5:30pm to look around. We were too full to have dinner that early and everything was closed in the downtown and so we continued our drive all the way to Chattanooga which is at the very south of Tennesse. There were so many motels there and different car plates. I guess it's a place for people to stopover and rest and then continue our travel the next day. Guess what we had for dinner since we arrived like 10 something there (because we din realize that it changed into eastern time at Chattanooga)? We bought our dinner at the nearby restaurant and it's Wendy's again! For goodness sake! I bought the same JR. Bacon Cheese burger and I promise myself not to eat Wendy's for the next few months. Pic L: St. Louis, MO. Pic R: Nashville, TN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home