Monday, August 27, 2007

Roadtrip to Florida part II

Day 4 (8/20/2007 Monday):
From Chattanooga, we set off to our final destination - Kissimmee, Florida where our motel is located! It's about 10 mins drive south of Orlando. We drove for about 2 hours and arrived in Atlanta, Georgia for lunch. We actually saw many students attending their 1st day of fall school at Georgia State Univ. in the downtown and we went in and walked around. They probably thought we were one of them, haha! There were many restaurants outside the campus and we went to this korean/jap restaurant. I had Pork katsu don and Justin had this spicy seafood noodles soup. He loves anything that's soup or seafood so the combination of both makes it perfect for him. The korean boss thought we were korean and spoke to us in korean until we said we weren't. haha! We actually enjoyed our trip at Atlanta downtown cos it's huge and pretty. CNN is there and it's the state of Coca Cola! Also, lots of African American! This is the best city we've seen throughout our drive! How come there are no restaurants like that right outside BYU huh? Sian ah! Then we drove all the way to Kissimmee, Florida and when we arrived there at night, I was like: "This is my new home now and I love it!" Because there are so many lights and restaurants! It looks like a fun place to live at!


















Day 5 (8/21/2007 Tuesday):
We went to Busch Gardens today. It's located at Tampa, Florida, which is about 1 1/2 hours of drive from Central Orlando. Tampa is at the western part of florida. It was a hot day man! I was glad that it didn't rain. This place is full of big and fun rides. The 1st roller coaster already made us dizzy as it kept spinning round and round. The best ride would definitely be "Sheikra" which is the newest ride i think. It stops at a 40 ft high and suddenly goes all the way down 90 degree vertically! It was awesome man! Justin described it as "tiao lou" (jumping off the building), hahaha! I think i'm braver than him cos he admitted that he closed his eyes while I opened mine! (Check the pic on the right!)
Also, I took this overturn pirate ship alone (which I din know that it would overturn lor until i was on it). Justin din want to take cos he doesn't like pirateship and he was laughing at me downstairs while I was hanged up there! The necklace i was wearing almost dropped and I had to hang on to it. I'm really not afraid to take roller coasters or whatever scary rides by myself because I'm a big fan of theme parks and I totally love taking them. If Justin doesn't dare to take, I'll still go ahead and take one lah.. Joyce rules! haha! Anyway, we'll be reporting to Disney the next day so here ends our roadtrip but we'll continue to have fun man!

6 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 12:15 AM, Blogger Cheryl Smith said...

hey happen to see yr blog. Are there alot of singaporeans in Utah? I just moved here, would be great if I can get together with any fellow singaporeans!

 
At September 02, 2007 8:56 AM, Blogger joycey said...

Hi Cheryl,

Do I know you in Singapore? Are u a LDS? Yeah, there's a bunch of Singaporeans in Provo, Utah. They go to BYU. If you join facebook and come to BYU network, you'll see lots of us!

 
At September 09, 2007 9:15 AM, Blogger Cheryl Smith said...

No you don't know me back in Sg and I am not a LDS. Havn't met any Singaporeans so far. Still kinda trying to get used to here without any friends.
I am so new to FB, and I think I can't switch network until Oct it says. :(

 
At September 09, 2007 9:15 AM, Blogger Cheryl Smith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 11, 2007 7:24 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Which part of Utah are you residing at? All the Singaporeans are studying at BYU in Provo. If you live near there, you can find them there or as I've said, Facebook because it's the easiest to find all of them by adding them through my friends list. So you're married to Utah? Are u working right now?

 
At September 14, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Cheryl Smith said...

Yes I married my fiance of 3 yrs . we moved to Utah this yr. He is an american but was working in Sg all this while . Nah, I am in sandy. No where near provo. It is okay...hahhaha,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home