Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good Eats!

1. Wolfgang Puck Cafe

From the name, you know it's an expensive restaurant but I was so excited to eat good food at Downtown Disney (famous for its pleasure island-pubs), I walked into this restaurant right away and Justin was like "You pay ah!" Ok lah, I paid lah...

We sat down at the sushi bar and ordered 1 california roll, which of course was the cheapest of all. I thought it's taste okay cos the rice is not very soft and also I thought I make better sushi. Haha! Then we ordered 1 calamari and 1 BBQ Chicken Pizza. These are AWESOME! The calamari is fried right and came with their specialty sauce - some curry greenish stuff. The sauce was marvelous and we thought it's unique compared to ranch or honey mustard and we finished the whole plate. The pizza was thin crust which we like and the cheese was hot and chewy and pulley(when you eat, it pulls you know...) . I thought it was made perfect unlike those big chunky thick crust pizza w/o much ingredients on it.

So the total came out to $41.38 + tax. Well, I thought it's reasonable for a good and famous restaurant. Well, it's good to dulge once in a while, hehehe! And then, before we left, the chinese chef at the Sushi table said "Kamsahamida" to me..ermm..I just smiled back lor..dunno how many times that we both had been mistaken to be Koreans.

2. Taste of Hong Kong

We had Seafood crispy HK style noodles and Beef w/ black bean sauce flat noodles(hor fun) the first time we went there. I was thrilled to have authentic chinese food. And the most satisfying is the pot of hot Chrysanthemum Tea. Wow!

We had dim sum the second time we went. The shrimp cheong fun, fried radish cake, chicken feet (according to Justin cos i don't eat), har gao, and steamed ribs are delicious. The siew mai wasn't soft enough and the black egg porridge (Suddenly cannot remember the egg's name) and lian yeung Bao (Lotus buns) are not bad. We'll try char siew bao and egg tarts next time. Hehe! Oh! And we had the pot of hot Chrysanthemum Tea again.... Mmmm..Satisfying!!

We're pretty broke now so we've been eating home cooked food or whatever junk you can find in our home. After saving up some money, I'm treating Justin to delicious Hawaiian food on his birthday on Oct 10!! There're so many restaurants here and we don't know what to choose. I still want to go to the Japanese Teppanyaki and try some other Chinese restaurants and therefore, I need to work harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home